Access your detailed coded medical records online
The Patient Online programme includes offering patients access to their detailed coded records online. However there are exceptions to this. GP practices will have a policy in place and ask you to apply for acces to your detailed coded record and the practice will carry out some checks before granting access.
A detailed coded record can contain information, such as;
- equality and diversity
- allergies/adverse reactions
- results (numerical values and normal range)
- Medication (dose, quantity and last issued date)
- Other codes; diagnoses, referrals made and procedures - medical or surgical
- Hospital letters (please note some letter types cannot be viewed online)
This varies and tends to be dependent on the clinical system used by your practice.
For more information visit the NHS Patient Online services web page where you can find links to related leaflets.